As a ChristianSchool, we look to Jesus as our role model. Following his example we want to learn to be patient with one another, respecting others both within school and in the wider community.
We want to feel safe and have fun, so that we can become happy, confident learners. Our individuality will be celebrated: developing our sense of self-worth and instilling us with positive aspirations and the desire to fulfil them.
- To be an inclusive school and to put into place the practice in all aspects of our work that ensures that all learners are given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
- To treat learners as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take account of their individual and special needs.
- To provide well for learners’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- To provide well for learners’ care, health and safety.
- To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
- To teach basic skills and core subjects well and to give great emphasis to the foundation subjects and RE especially to the creative aspects including art, poetry, story, dance, music, performance. These will be central to our work.
- To make connections between subjects and to apply basic skills across the curriculum.
- To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment.
- To give responsibility to learners and develop their self-confidence by contributing to the community.
- To make parents and the wider community equal partners with the school and to involve them in the evaluation of its success.
- To build an ethos marked by a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively happy place where learners feel secure. A school where good behaviour is expected and where learners enjoy growing up.
- To make this school a place of enjoyment where success is encouraged, rewarded and celebrated.
Click here to view our latest Ofsted report.
Click here to view latest Performance Tables